Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SEA GAMES: Injury Denies Farah Medal

A recurrence of an old injury cost Farah Ann Hadi a medal in the women's individual all-around final in artistic gymnastics yesterday.

Farah suffered the injury to her thigh while executing her second routine, the uneven bars, but completed the balance beam and floor exercise to score 47.534 to finish fifth.

The score was a far cry from the 50.084 she scored in the team competition on Sunday but Farah took disappointment in her stride and vowed to at least win a medal in her favourite event, the floor exercise, in the individual apparatus finals today.

Nur Eli Ellina Azmi finished sixth on 46.084.

"I had suffered the injury in Kuala Lumpur but it was healing and I was confident after my good performance in the team event. It was really disappointing that I was unable to win a medal," said Farah.

"I felt good in my first routine in the vault but suffered the injury in the uneven bars and fell during the balance beam routine. That was my mistake and it cost me points. I was in pain but managed to complete the floor exercise," she added.

"I have qualified for the beam, uneven bars and floor tomorrow (today) and I will compete in all three despite the pain. I want to win a medal and come back stronger for the next Games."

Read more: SEA GAMES: Injury denies Farah medal - Other - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/other/sea-games-injury-denies-farah-medal-1.6107#ixzz1djvxKwcL

No comments:

Post a Comment